Sunday, June 27, 2010

First Week with Isaac

Why does the time go by so quickly? Isaac is one week old...ONE WEEK! I feel like I just had him, and I did, but to think that one week has come and gone...WOW! It makes me realize that I need to truly cherish every precious moment with my sweet children because they grow up so fast. I need to not worry about the little things and focus on what is really important, because before I know it they will be all grown up!

So, back to what I was saying...Isaac is one week old. Our first week at home was so much easier then I ever imagined. I have had a wonderful recovery and I feel like I am back to my normal self, which is such a wonderful feeling! Doug took this entire week off of work and we were SO grateful, not to mention happy, to have him home as we adjusted to being a family of five. Noah and Leah have been incredibly lovable towards Isaac and they cannot stop giving him hugs and kisses, which is just so precious. I was a little worried to see how Noah would handle having Isaac home, but I had nothing to worry about because he couldn't be more happy to have a little brother. Leah has been a little more clingy to both Doug and I over the past week, which I expected. She has also become very mommy-like to her little "Dolly" and has been carrying her around so much more then she has in the past. It's very sweet to watch :).

Now, Isaac has been an amazing baby! He sleeps most of the day, eats really well, sleeps well at night, and is VERY content when he is awake. The only times that he has really cried was when we gave him his first bath and when he is starving and I just can't give him what he wants fast enough. Other then that, he's been so, so good, and I hope that he keeps it up! My favorite part about this past week has been just cradling him in my arms and staring at his beautiful face and just taking it all in. I am now a mother to three amazing children...I can not describe the love that I have for each of them. It's amazing how the love for your children continues to grow and grow each and every day. The power of love truly is an amazing thing!

Some other things that we have noticed about Isaac are:
~ He gets the hiccups all of the time, just like when he was in my belly.
~ He is such a good little eater. I've had such an easy time nursing him, which is just wonderful for me :). I just love having that bonding time with him!
~ He definitely values his sleep...it amazes me how much sleep he can squeeze in in one day. I'll admit that I'm a bit jealous! He almost always sleeps in my arms and I just love cuddling up to him and watching him as he has sweet little dreams.
~ He is not at all phased by the loudness in our house, which consists of Noah and Leah running around screaming, crying, giggling, etc... He must be used to it from when I was pregnant with him!
~ He does not like sponge bathes at all! I was incredibly happy when his cord fell off so that I could give him a real bath, which he just loved! He actually almost fell asleep...he was that relaxed!
~ He is perfect in every way and we just can't get enough of him!

Needless to say, we are beyond happy to have this new bundle of joy in our family. He already has each of us wrapped around his little finger :). I so look forward to watching him grow and become the person that he is meant to be.

Isaac's first nap at home...with daddy :).

So beautiful!
After his first bath...he wasn't very happy at all, but he calmed down as soon as we wrapped him up in his towel.

Me and my babes.
All ready for bed.
Proud brother and sister...they really can't get enough of this little guy!
I love this picture...Isaac is being held by Noah and I just love how Noah is embracing him. So sweet!

4 comments:

Kris said...

One..Cute..Happy..FAMILY!!!

Halvorsen Family said...

Angie,

He is beautiful I loved reading all your little coments. It brought tears to me eyes remembering when Tige was born and how Eric and Kaden started that bond with the 3 boys together. What a special special time for your sweet little family. We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet this little guy. Congrats! We hope all is going well for you and that everyone is adjusting. Talk to you soon. :)

Jennifer Brailsford said...

What can I say, Such a beautiful family. We miss you guys! Have fun with the three little ones.

Julie said...

So glad to hear that you are adjusting so well! He is such a beautiful little boy!