Thursday, June 17, 2010

one more day...

I remember when I was days away from having Leah and I was having all of these emotions to how Noah was going to be affected by the new addtion to the family. I was so incredibly nervous to how he was going to act towards Leah and my greatest worry was that he was going to feel like he was going to be replaced {which deep down I know wasn't true, but I couldn't help but think it}. So, I was an emotional wreck...I cried, a lot! I had spent the first 2 years of Noah's life giving him all of my attention, and now this new little girl was going to come into our lives and I had NO idea how Noah was going to handle it, or how I was going to handle it. Well, the day came that Leah was born and ALL of the worries that I had were completely unnecessary! Noah took to Leah so well...he became her little protector and he never tried to do anything to her that would harm her in any way {another worry that I had}. He loved her unconditionally from day one. And now, 2 years later, he still loves her unconditionally. Yes, they have their moments, but they can not be without the other. It is as if they are one...they are always together playing, eating, relaxing, being silly, etc... It really is a wonderful thing for a mother to watch, to see her children love each other the way that Noah and Leah do.

So, here I am today, one day away from adding yet another precious child to our family. I have been a little emotional lately {I am not going to lie}, experiencing some of the same feelings that I had when Leah was born. I can't help but wonder how Noah and Leah are going to react to this little boy. But, this time, it is so much easier to push those worries away and think more about how wonderful our family is going to be with this new addition. Noah "gets it" this time around...he is constantly kissing my belly, asking me questions about his new brother, telling me that he is going to help me take care of him, etc... He has matured so much and I KNOW that he is going to be an amazing help to me, and I look forward to that. And Leah, well, I really can't see her having any hard feelings towards her new brother. She is so motherly already and I really think that she is going to be amazing towards him. I really look forward to seeing how she reacts to the baby, and I know that she is just going to be showering him with hugs and kisses and loving on him, a lot!

More than anything, I'm worried for myself! How am I going to take care of 3 kids?!?! How am I going to give them all the attention that they need? I mean, THREE is a big number! Doug and I are about to be outnumbered! But, again, I am pushing those worries away and am realizing that everything will just work out the way that it is supposed to. Doug and I will just have to take it one day at a time, and I know that some of the days to come are going to be challenging, but I can't help but know that each of those days are going to be SO rewarding!

So, here we go! Tomorrow is the BIG day and I can't wait to meet this little guy who has been kicking me for the past 9 months. I feel like I already know him, but I just can't wait to see his precious little face and hold him in my arms. I know that Doug feels the same way and I am beyond excited to see him hold his second son in his arms. Tomorrow will definitely be a GOOD day!

I just have to add these cute pictures that I took of Noah and Leah the other day. Boy, oh boy, are they cute! Words can't describe how much I love them...they truly are amazing!

6 comments:

jacksonhaleywarrenandhaus said...

Good Luck tomorow, I wish I was having a baby tomorow. By the way youll be an amazing mom to 3 youll do great.

Rowley's said...

Good Luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you're family and praying everything goes perfect! You make such cute, sweet little ones. I can't wait to see pictures of another one! Again, if I can manage to be a mother to three, it'll probably be a walk in the park for you : )

Kris said...

So, So excited!!!! Can't wait to see my new little grandson. HOW LUCKY AM I!!!!!! You are such a great mom and you are going to be and even greater mom!!! Love you so much.

The Dahle's said...

good luck tomorrow! i can't wait to see pics! i seriously miss you and seeing you outside all the time :(. i had the same worries/stressed with Connor and so far he is the same as Noah was. He is doing so great! He hasn't acted jealous or anything at all and I just feel so blessed to have such a good big brother boy haha.

Julie said...

Good luck tomorrow Angie! Can't wait to see your new little guy!

Kaeloni said...

darling kids! Cant wait to see the new little guy! You're an amazing mommy!