Thursday, June 24, 2010

He's Here!!!

Isaac Samuel Smith
June 18, 2010
9:58 p.m.
8 pounds 2 ounces
20 1/2 inches long

I am SO happy that Isaac is finally here! It seems like just yesterday I was announcing that we were pregnant with baby #3...and now he's here for us to hold and love. He has been such a wonderful addition to our family and we couldn't be more thankful to have him.

Isaac's delivery was incredibly fast, although it was quite painful! I was set to be induced in the morning, but due to the room availability at the hospital, I wasn't able to go in until 7:00 that evening. Doug and I knew that the labor was going to go quickly once my water broke, since that is how it was with Noah and Leah. My doctor came in and broke my water at 8:30 p.m. and promised that I would get my epidural very soon. Within minutes of him breaking my water I started to feel contractions...it wasn't gradual at all. They hit so hard and I did not expect to feel so much pain so fast. The doctor came and gave me my epidural 10 minutes later and by that time I was in so much pain that I couldn't even think...TEN MINUTES!!! Once it was in, I felt my right leg to numb, but nothing on my left side, and the pain was only getting worse. I turned on my left side to see if it would help, but nothing happened. I seriously thought that I was about to die...the pain was THAT bad! Around 9:30 I felt so much pressure and thought that the baby was going to come right then. My nurse checked me and I was ready to deliver this baby...and guess what? My doctor was at another hospital delivering another baby!! SO, they called the doctor on call and he came a runnin'. Now, I am still in SO much pain at this time and the doctor finally came in and gave me a dose of some miracle drug that finally numbed my left side...HALLELUJAH! I was finally able to take a breath at this point and just wait for my doctor. He got there around 9:50, got prepped, and then during one contraction he was born...at 9:58 p.m.! As soon as he was born, my doctor said "Well, you're not pregnant any more" and I was so happy to hear that. This pregnancy has been a bit more uncomfortable for me, so I was beyond thrilled to know that Isaac was here and that I could finally be comfortable again! My hospital stay was short and sweet...they let me go home early on my second day, which was Father's Day! I was so happy to leave that hospital room and come home and begin our new life as a family of FIVE! Life is good...that's for sure!

Our last family picture as a family of four.
39 weeks pregnant, and my last day of being pregnant with this little guy!
One of the first pictures of Isaac.
When Noah and Leah were first born, they were both taken to the nursery within minutes of being born {they both had breathing issues that needed to be evaluated}. Isaac had nothing wrong with him and I was so thankful for that! He was able to stay with Doug and I as soon as he was born and I just loved it when they put him on my chest so that I could cuddle up with him. It was such an amazing feeling to finally hold this precious little baby...I had been waiting so long! When Noah first came to the hospital, he was so excited, but he did not want to hold Isaac quite yet. We, of course, didn't pressure him at all and told him that he could just let us know when he was ready. I love the look on his face in this picture...he was so happy to have a baby brother!
Later that evening, Noah was ready to hold his little brother. My two little boys...I love how happy Noah is in this picture. He's had this cute little grin on his face every time that sees Isaac...it's precious!
Leah had no interest in holding the baby, but she definitely loved kissing him over and over.
Doug is definitely a proud daddy! He is so sweet with Isaac, just as he is with Noah and Leah. I'm so excited to see the bond that they develop :).
Cute profile.
I love this picture...he is so beautiful!
OK...words can not describe how much I love this picture. Noah insisted on coming to the hospital when we brought Isaac home, and I'm so glad that he did. I just love how Doug is embracing his two little boys...so amazing!
Ready to go home!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats!! He is beautiful, the picture of the three boys is precious. I love it. I hope you are feeling good... have fun with Isaac :)

Erin K said...

He really is so beautiful! What a cute family you guys are. Call me when you're feeling up to it!

Danette said...

Oh! He is so precious! I love babies!

Karin said...

He is PERFECT!! Love your family, too.. Congrats on the new member of the Smith family.

Wendy said...

Congrats!! It must be so fun to see your other kids interacting with the new baby!
Oh, and my epidural took 2 hrs to arrive after I had requested it!! 2 hours! By the time it finally started working I was fully dilated and ready to push. So painful! :o)

Dan and Liz said...

He's so handsome! Congrats and good luck with all three of you little ones :)

Beckie said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family!

Kaeloni said...

Congrats! He is so dang cute! Love the pictures!

Danielle said...

He's so cute. I can't wait to come and see him! I'll give you a call soon!

Cher said...

he is such a beautiful newborn! congrats!!!

Andrea Griggs said...

He is such a perfect looking baby-so beautiful!! Congratulations on being a mother of 3-you are such an amazing Mommy and I love reading about your family. :)

Julie said...

Yay, more pictures! Love the family of 4 picture. That's how ours turn out too!