Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Week with Kate

Our first week with Kate was great. The adjustment to having four kiddos has proven to be a lot easier than Doug and I anticipated it would be. Kate has such a wonderful temperament, she sleeps great, she eats well...she's great! Doug was able to stay home the first week that Kate was home, which was wonderful for ALL of us! My recovery has gone surprising well, so it was nice to truely enjoy having everyone home together for such a long period of time! I so wish that moments like this lasted longer...having my hubby and kids all together for an entire week was the best gift that I could have ever been given! It really was SO wonderful!

During that first week, I pretty much held Kate every moment that I could and just took in every moment...I have learned that they are only this small for such a short period of time and I didn't want to miss one second! Cuddling with a newborn is one of my most favortie things to do, so I'm really cherishing it this time around ;). Needless to say, our first week with Kate was a week that I'll never forget. Here are some pictures of baby Kate during her first week with us :).

Leah begs to hold Kate every day. She absolutely adores her little sister and will hold her and talk to her for a pretty good amount of time. I so look forward to bond that they will share as sisters :).Kate pretty much slept the entire first week that she was home with us! Here's are some pictures of her awake. She's a beauty!And, just like her daddy and Noah, she sneezes all.of.the.time! Daddy and his girls.Kate has the longest fingers! This picture doesn't do it justice, but I can say that I've never seen a newborn with fingers as long as hers! Maybe we'll have to get her in piano lessons when she's older?Kate's umbilical cord fell off when she was five days old, so we were able to give her a *real* bath sooner than later. She absolutely loved being in the water......but she absolutely hated it when we pulled her out! Pretty much every bath has been like this ever since. Doug and I are becoming a pro at getting her out and dressed in record time.

2 comments:

Cher said...

just getting caught up on your blog! she IS a beauty and i'm so glad you've been loving the newborn stage. congrats again!

Julie said...

She is so pretty! I love the sneezing picture! :)