Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Isaac ~ 2 Years

Isaac has grown SO much this past year. He is such a precious little guy and I always look forward to what he is going to learn next!

~ He absolutely loves sports and balls and is constansly playing with them. And the thing is, is that he is actually good! Doug and I are always amazed when we watch him kick the soccer ball, or throw the basketball...he's right on almost every time!

~ He is a great little talker. He can pretty much mimic everything that we say, which can be so cute/funny at times. Sometimes Doug and I will be having a conversation and Isaac will come out of nowhere and start repeating whatever we're saying. He is definitely my earliest talker and I love the fact that I can talk to him and he can respond back. It definitely makes my life a little easier when he can tell me exactly what he wants.

~ As Doug's mom put it, he is very agreeable. If he wants something that he can't have, instead of throwing a tantrum when we tell him he can't have it, he'll just say "OK" and move on. Sometimes I'm ready for him to get upset with me, but instead he just agrees with me! It's crazy because Noah and Leah were SO not that way. It's definitely one trait that I love about Isaac :).

~ He loves to be outside and play with Noah and Leah. He is also very good about listening to me when I tell him that he needs to stay by the house. I have yet to see him wander away on his own {knock on wood}. He just loves riding his little tricycle around and helping me in the yard.

~ He is very good at playing on his own. No, he doesn't play by himself often, but when he does he is totally fine with it. If I'm busy feeding Kate, and Noah and Leah are out playing, he's totally fine with going in his room and playing without a fuss. I also love sneaking up on him and watching him play...it's so sweet to watch him talk to his animals and make little car sounds by himself. So sweet!

~ He is NOT a good eater. At all! I try not to let this get to me, but it really does drive me nutty! He is horrible when it comes to eating actual food, but he will never, EVER, say no to anything sweet. No surprise there! BUT he can't just have sweets...I mean what kind of mom would I be if that's all I gave him ;). Thank goodness he's a big milk drinker, so at least his getting some good calories from something! We're working on it...baby steps.

~ He is getting potty trained and is doing GREAT! I just started to train him a little over a week ago, and I am amazed at how well he is doing. GO ISAAC! I'm SO excited to not have to buy diapers for two kiddos! Hooray!!

~ He is an absolutley wonderful sleeper...he always has been, and I love it! He takes great naps and sleeps really well at night. The only change is that he has *just* discovered how to crawl out of his crib. I think we might be converting to a bed here very soon ;).

~ He has a great sense of humor! Doug and I love this about him and we love that he will laugh at the littlest things without any encouragement from us. The kid is hilarious and we are always looking forward to what he is going to do next to make us laugh :).

~ He is such a loving boy and is always telling us that he loves us and giving us hugs and kisses!

~ Teething has not agreed with Isaac, and he can be very grumpy when he has teeth coming in. Not fun for mommy, daddy, or Isaac when we have to deal with this. We are all very excited once a tooth finally comes in so that Isaac can be back to his happy little self!

~ He has become VERY clingy to Doug and I as of late. I know that this is totally normal for his age, so we are always comforting him whenever he wants to be with us.

~ He loves the movie Rio, or any movie that has good music. He loves to dance around and sing the songs and prefers to only watch those parts in the movie.

~ He is really good at working our Apple devices. It is quite funny watching him move around from page to page to find what he is looking for...and then actually playing a game. His current favorite is Angry Birds, but he also enjoys practicing his ABC's with Starfall.

~ He does NOT like to be messy! He hates having his hands covered in food or anything sticky and he'll just whine and whine until we clean him up. He's definitely my clean kid :).

~ He absolutely LOVES playing in the water. Whether it be playing in the tub, or in the water in the backyard, or going to the pool, he just loves being in the water. I have noticed that he doesn't enjoy splash pads as much though...something about water splashing here, there, and everywhere does not mesh with Isaac. But other than that, he'll take it!

~ He can count to 10 {in English and in Russian (with some assistance)} and he can almost say all of the ABC's. He plays with this app on the iPad called Starfall...I totally recommend it! He has learned not only his letters, but he also can say most of the sounds. Doug and I love to watch in amazement as he plays on that app :).

Isaac is definitely a pretty special little guy and he adds so much to our family. We all love spending time with him and love him to pieces!
How cute is that??!?! ;)

1 comments:

Julie said...

What a little stud!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks their bums are cute when they first start wearing underwear. I guess I can feel like I'm a little less creepy. :)