Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Noah ~ 6 Years

It's hard to digest that Noah has been in our lives for six whole years. This kid means the world to me and we kind of *love* having him around. Here are some facts about Noah at six years old...

~ He is such a lovable little boy. Not a morning goes by when he doesn't come in and snuggle with me. He knows how much I love this time...and I think he does too! We have had morning snuggles together since he was just a little guy. It's kind of our special little moment to be with one another before the day really starts {and the chaos begins!}. Noah's known for coming up to me throughout the day and giving me big hugs and telling me that he loves me to the moon and back. I cherish every time he does this...it's the best!

~ He loves being outside! He'll manage and play inside when he absolutely has to, but he definitely prefers playing outside with his friends, or even by himself. He LOVES to ride his bike around and to shoot hoops with his Daddy. He just loves to run around and play hard...something that's a bit hard to do inside!

~ He is still the most amazing eater. He's really not that picky and he will pretty much eat anything...even salads! He's always telling Doug, who hates salad, to try it cause it's SO yummy! Good luck with that, little buddy! I've been trying for years with no luck ;).

~ He is great big brother to Leah, Isaac, and Kate. He and Leah seem to butt heads a little more than I would like, but Leah's one tough cookie and hard to reason with, so I don't blame him for having a hard time in that department. BUT, when they are having fun, they are having FUN!! I love listening to those two play together! He is also so, SO, sweet with the two littles. He is becoming a lot more patient and will spend time kicking the ball around with Isaac, which is something that Isaac LOVES! He also absolutely adores Kate...he seriously loves her to pieces. I can see those two having a very special bond! He is constantly telling me how cute she is and he is always asking to hold her.

~ He is a very sensitive little guy. He has such a sweet little heart and he will respond to anyone if they are hurt or feeling bad. He is especially like this with Kate. Kate does not like her car seat as of late, and she will cry and cry when we are driving somewhere. Listening to Kate cry just tears Noah apart and he feels so badly that we can't do anything for her when we're driving. He'll even get teary eyed himself because he so badly wants her to be comforted. It breaks my heart when this happens, although it makes me feel good that he cares about her so much in that way.

~ He is not into trucks very much at all anymore. He enjoys creating things with legos and play-doh. He also likes to build forts in our basement...definitley his favorite thing to do! Another thing that he thoroughly enjoys is playing games...board games, outside games, games on the iPad...you name it. He is also a really good sport when he looses, which is something that he has had to learn to handle ;). Doug and I have been pretty impressed with his game playing skills and there are times when we can't beat his score! Makes for a friendly competetion around here :).

~ He LOVES school and learning. There have been a few times this summer when he has told me that he misses school and is excited to go back. I responded by asking if he's getting bored at home, to which he said "no, I just like to play with my friends at school" ;). That made me smile. I'm glad that he enjoys all of the social interaction that he gets in school. I'm also very impressed with how much he has learned and how receptive he is to what he's learning. I think it's safe to say his favorite subject, thus far, is Math. He is really good at calculating and understanding numbers. I've been impressed with how well he has done with math this past year. He is also getting better each and every day at reading. I think the hard thing this summer has been reading every day. Of course, he would rather play outside than read...it's a work in progress.

~ He is a wonderful helper around here. He is getting really good at making his bed and cleaning up his room each day...and the whinning about it hasn't been that bad lately. I've been pretty strict with him about his chores and trying to help him understand that we need to work together as a family and each of us needs to do our part in the "chores" department. He definitely doesn't like the fact that if he complains about doing a chore that he has to do another chore. This is one thing that I always follow through on, so he is learning to just get his chores done with a smile on his face so that he can go play. There are actually times when he comes up to me and asks me what he can help with...I love those moments and take full advantage of having him help me out!

~ He is a wonderful sleeper and usually falls asleep within minutes of hitting his pillow. He finally stays in his own bed all night...yay!

~ He is such a silly little boy. He is always trying to make us laugh, and I love to see what he is going to do in order to do so. He can be so goofy sometimes and it's just hilarious to watch. I love his developing sense of humor ;).

~ He has such a wonderful imagination. He will come up with some fun ideas and will be very determined to accomplish them. Lately he has been wanting to have a Carnival in our basement. I told him that it was a great idea and that he needed to set it up the way he wanted...so he did. He set out all the board games, made an area to shoot darts and basketball hoops, made an area for the kids to play, created a library in Leah's room, and turned his room into a place to make art. He also made little signs that said what everything was and taped them to the walls. I'm excited to see what he is going to come up with next!

~ He is getting more and more interested in sports and how games are played. He has been on a soccer team this past year, and during that time he has learned so much about the game. He also played on a coach-pitch baseball team, which was a lot of fun. I know that Doug is excited about his growing love of sports and I look forward to where it leads him :).

~ He is full of questions about anything and everything. I love how he is always wanting to learn more about one thing or another. He loves to learn the specifics about how things work, or how things are made, or why something is one way and not the other. I love watching his little face when we give him answers to his questions...it's fun to watch the wheels turn in the little head of his and take in all that he hearing.

~ He is an incredibly thoughful little boy. He loves to make people feel special and do things for us that isn't expected. He especially likes making cards for us on birthdays and other special days...he sure knows how to make us feel good!

Noah is an amazing little boy and I thank my lucky stars every day that he is ours. We sure do love him...to the moon and back :).

1 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

This is great Angie! I loved reading about little Noah :) and you totally inspired me. I need to be better about documenting my little people. You are a great mom and have an adorable little family! xo