Thursday, November 1, 2012

Carving Pumpkins


I'm going to admit that carving pumpkins is not my most favorite thing to do.  Cleaning them out is such a pain, and then I get so scared that I'm going to cut myself when I'm actually carving them.  Ugh. BUT, when it's all said and done, I'm so happy that we did it :).  

Noah was especially excited to carve pumpkins this year.  As soon as I told him we were going to do it, he became my little helper and brought in all of the pumpkins from the porch.  Love that boy!
He was also a champ when it came to cleaning out his pumpkin!  
Doug was a sport and didn't complain once when it came to the dirty work.  I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like cleaning out pumpkins!
Now, Isaac did NOT want us to touch his little pumpkin.  He ended up taking it off the table and sat in the chair with it for about 15 minutes.  As soon as he saw what we were actually doing and that we were going to make a face on it, he became pretty excited and let us cut into it.
Here's our front porch with all of our pumpkins.  I made a Utah Utes pumpkin {I do it every year...GO UTES!}, Doug did a face on his and Kate's, Leah's had a face, and Noah's was a pirate ship!  Our 6 little pumpkins definitely made our porch very spooky for Halloween night :).

0 comments: