Sunday, November 25, 2012

Kate ~ 7 months

Kate is getting to the age where she is truly growing and learning so much each and every day!  It really is such a joy for all of us to watch!  At 7 months, Kate...

...is eating solid food!  She took to eating solids really well the first few days, but after that, she wanted nothing to do with it.  I know that starting these babes on solids is such a big thing for them.  She really has no idea what is going on, so we are taking baby steps to make the process a little easier for her.  If she starts to fuss or get upset, I just stop and try again later.  We'll get there, eventually :).  I want to make sure that she enjoys eating, so I will do whatever I need to to ensure that.
...is finally rolling over both ways!  Yay!  This was a big one for Kate.  All of the other children were rolling over and sitting up by or before 6 months, so I was a little worried when Kate wasn't doing either.  One day, she finally figured out how to roll from her back to her belly, and she has been steam rolling all around ever since!  Now we just need her to sit up.
...is turning out to be a fussy baby.  Oh my...this is really starting to wear on me.  At first I thought that she was fussy because there was something wrong with her.  Turns out she just wants me to hold her all.of.the.time.  Whenever I set her down, she cries.  Seriously...almost every time!  If she is in her bouncer, high chair, on the floor, in her crib...she'll fuss about being there.  But, the moment that I pick her up, she's fine!  It is getting to be difficult sometimes because there are times where I *have* to put her down...like when I make a meal, or change out the laundry.  The baby sling and carrier have become my best friend, because listening to Kate cry breaks my heart every time.  And her cry is not just a fussy cry, it is a total heart wrenching cry...with tears!  Oh my...this girl is so spoiled and she totally gets her way 99% of the time.  I'm hoping that she becomes more content when she can sit up by herself.  We'll see.
...will put anything, and everything that she gets her hands on in her mouth.  And, of course, her item of choice to play with is my phone!  Yuck!  Whenever my phone is nearby, she'll snatch it up and put it in her mouth.  I'm learning to not have it near her at all, because I so don't want her chewing on it.  And, she is not a fan of the toys that she can have.  She prefers Isaac's toys to hers...go figure :).
...is still a wonderful little sleeper!  Thank goodness for that!
...is becoming quite the mama's girl!  She definitely prefers to have me hold her, which I totally don't mind at all ;).  Yes, she'll let other people hold her too, but if she sees me, she'll fuss until she's in my arms.  Makes me feel good.
...is still a huge fan of bath time and we absolutely love giving them to her!  All of us love to watch her laugh and giggle and splash in the tub.  It's definitely a fun time when Kate's taking a bath :).
...is still a tough one to get to smile.  Yes, she'll smile here and there, but not all of the time.  Isaac was seriously the happiest baby ever...he was constantly smiling and laughing at anything and everything!  It was awesome!  Part of me kind of wishes Kate was like this.  So, when she does share her smiles and giggles, we totally get excited and have fun with it.  She's a tough crowd....that's for sure!
...is the happiest when she wakes up.  I think one of my favorite moments of the day is going in and getting Kate out of her crib.  It may be hard to get her to smile sometimes, but she is so bright eyed and bushy tailed when she first wakes up...I love it!
...is super duper chubby!  Especially in her legs.  I absolutely love pinching her cute little rolls whenever I change her.  Love it!
...is growing up way to fast as of late.  I know...I KNOW...I say that all of the time, but it's true!  I really do love every stage that my children are in, but I absolutely LOVE the baby stage.  Having a baby in the house is the best...and it makes me want to cherish every moment with her that much more.

Here is some eye candy of Kate from this past month.  She's a beauty...even when she's sad ;).

1 comments:

Cher said...

i really love the picture of her peeking over the bumper cover. you're making me a little baby hungry over here! :)