Thursday, November 1, 2012

Kate ~ 6 Months

We blinked, and the little princess turned SIX months! 
At her well check, she weighed in at 14 lbs 7 oz {23%} and 26.5 inches in height {76%}.  Kate was sick the day before, so I took her in and she weighed 15.3 lbs!  She lost almost 1/2 of a pound in one day due to being sick.  Poor thing.  

Her hair is getting longer and thicker, and I LOVE it!  She has started to pull off her headbands, so, since her hair is long enough, I put cute little clips in her hair instead :).  So cute!  
Kate was sick for a few weeks this past month, so we gave her a few steam showers.  Whenever I went in there with her, her hair would start to go so curly!  I kind of hope that those curls stay.  
She will grab at anything and everything!  I have learned to be careful when I'm holding her during meal time...she especially loves to grab my drink, and laugh at what she has done.  Silly girl! 

Kate is finally old enough to be able to play with toys, and to have it occupy a good chunk of time.  She especially loves playing with anything that has a tag on it...that's when our Taggie Toys come in handy :).  
She is such a wonderful sleeper, and I am SO thankful for that!  She takes two long naps every day, and sleeps through the night!  

Kate is very observant and loves being aware of what is going on around her.  I love when she's in her bouncer and I haven't looked at her for a few minutes, but the moment I do look at her she starts to giggle and jump up and down like crazy.  It's as if she is just waiting for that moment for me to make eye contact with her...love it.

She will tolerate sitting alone for a while, but she definitely prefers to be held.  She is definitely spoiled and spends most of her time in my arms.  I don't really mind, especially since she has become very snuggly as of late and will put her head on my shoulder.  
She is pretty easy going when we are out and about.  Thank goodness for that, since there seems to always be someone else in need of my attention, or running away, or throwing a fit...oh the joy.  
She isn't sitting up on her own yet, but she loves sitting in the Bumbo.  She definitely prefers this over laying on her belly or back.  Makes sense...it's easier to play with her toys when she's sitting.
She still loves the tub SO much.  She also enjoys sucking on her toes when she doesn't have socks on.  Cracks me up every time!
She can be a tough crowd sometimes and will only smile and laugh when she wants to.  Sometimes we will make a total fool of ourselves by trying to get Kate to laugh with absolutely NO luck.  She'll pretty much look at us like were crazy, which is exactly what we look like ;).  BUT, when she has the giggles, she has them good!  I think it makes me laugh just as much watching her laugh.  A babies laughter is definitely one of the best sounds EVER!

Kate will not roll from her back to her belly very often.  She'll usually play on her belly for a bit, then roll over and start to cry.  Ya...she's not a fan of "tummy time" at all.  Although she looks pretty cute right here ;).
She gets prettier and prettier every day.  She's a perfect fit in our family and we love her to the moon and back! 

0 comments: