Saturday, November 17, 2012

Kate's First Cereal

We started Kate on solids this past week. I had a feeling that she wasn't going to take to it too well. For one, she has been super duper fussy lately, mostly due to the fact that she has been sick for the past month. And, second, she is such a picky little thing and I felt that adding something new to her little life would be too confusing to her, yet I knew that we needed to start introducing her to solids! So we bit the bullet and just went ahead with it. Here's how it played out...

Kate all ready, and a bit confused, about what was going on.

Then she started crying the moment I started to give her the first bite.
She didn't really like the food, but she liked the spoon!
And she wasn't at all happy when I took the spoon back to give her another bite!
So...I just gave her the spoon and let her play/bite on it :).
We ended up just getting another spoon and she was as happy as can be to eat, but, of course, she preferred to chew on her spoon then have food.
I think that introducing solids is such a huge milestone in these little ones lives! It really is so new to them, and I don't blame them for being confused. Over the course of the week, I have given some more cereal and she doesn't want anything to do with it. She just cries and cries and pulls the spoon out of my hand so she can play with it. We're working on it...baby steps :). It just seems like yesterday that I was introducing solids to my other babes {Leah {there's a pic of Noah in Leah's post}, Isaac}. Oh...how the time flies!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, I am so glad to read this! We gave Jack cereal just after he turned 6 months and the first time he loved it and couldn't get enough. Ever since then he hates it and blows raspberries when we try to feed him. I'm seriously discouraged.... Introducing solids is so hard!