Monday, September 22, 2008

Leah ~ 6 Months

She's SIX MONTHS old! These past six months have been so wonderful! When we first had Leah, I was so nervous about everything because I now had two children to take care of...I was SO wrong! Everything has been so much BETTER! Leah has enriched all of our lives and I am so thankful to have her...she's the best! Here's what Leah has been up to...

~ She is sitting up all on her own without any support. She does crash and burn every so often, but not very much. Now, let me just say that sitting up is the BEST milestone! Leah is so much more happy now that she can sit and look around, all while playing with her toys. I think that I love that she can sit up more then she does :).
~ She is a LOUD little girl. As you saw last month, Leah has discovered her voice, and she LOVES it. I am glad that she finds her singing amusing, because it is starting to wear on me. Don't get me wrong, I love that she is learning and that she likes to be vocal, but she is so LOUD! I guess I better just learn to deal with it. It's a good thing she's cute :).
~ She has the cutest belly laugh ever! I love getting her to laugh and seeing her smile. She especially loves to laugh at Noah...he knows how to get a good giggle out of her.
~ She wants to be held all of the time...ok, well, majority of the time. I will set her down for a moment, and as soon as I do she will start freaking out...and as soon as I pick her up she is just fine and full of smiles. She really knows how to get what she wants :).
~ She's a petite little thing. Noah was SO big as a baby, so it is strange having a baby that is so small and actually fits into the clothes that coorespond with her age...you know what I mean? Noah was in 12 month clothes when he was 6 months old...not Leah. She is taking her time and staying little as long as she can...and she is doing it just for me :). I love that she is so tiny and cute. She can take all the time that she likes to get grow. I am taking her in for her 6 month check up this week, so I will let you know how big she really is then.
~ Her hair is really starting to come in and we are beginning to think that she might have curly hair! She has these hairs that are way long by her ears and they curl sometimes. I would love it if she had curly hair...we'll see soon enough.
~ She's still a great little sleeper...and I am so thankful for that!

~ She started eating solids this month, and she loves it!
~ Her favorite toys are my phone, the TV remote, Noah's toys {which he doesn't really like}, and the tags on anything {blankets, clothes, toys...}.
~ She is a good traveler, as we learned from our trip to Lake Powell this past month. I was so nervous that it would be hard on her to be away from home and on a different schedule, but it didn't even phase her. I think that we need to go on another vacation now that we know that she is good at adjusting to a new environment! So, who wants to to on a trip with me?!?!?


And, of course, here are some pictures of Leah from this past month for your enjoyment :).

Notice Leah's mini mohawk.
Sitting up nice and tall.
I put a pillow behind her because I don't want her to bonk her cute little head. It makes me sad to see her cry.
So precious!
Check out those long lashes!
Concentrating so hard on getting the tag on the ball.
BTW...this ball is awesome! It has ribbons all over it so there is an endless amount of "tags" to grab! Love it!
Another first cereal picture.
Here's Leah in her UTAH attire! Red looks so good on her :).
OH...and there will be A LOT more about my Utes coming up here soon :). GO UTES!!!!

6 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

LOVE the utah outfit!!!!! :0) So cute. Your little growing girl!

Maria said...

She is getting big! Glad you guys came up on Sat. It was tons of fun! We will have to do it again and soon!

The Dahle's said...

i can't believe she is 6 months old! that went by soooo fast! i hope that i have a girl someday that is petite because connor is just like noah!

cherilyn said...

so cute. i'm glad you're loving being a mom of 2, gives me extra confidence for the near future. :)

Julie said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday Leah, you cute girl!

Kris said...

She is so gosh darn cute. What a fun little girl.