Monday, September 8, 2008

Lake Powell ~ 2008

I LOVE Lake Powell! When I was younger, my mom and dad owned a boat and we would go to Powell during the summer, and I can honestly say that those summers were some of the best that I can remember! I love boating, and I especially love boating at Lake Powell...it's amazing! I haven't been to Lake Powell in almost 10 years, so I was ecstatic when we were given the opportunity to go this summer...and for 9 days! Doug has never been to Powell, so I was very excited for him to be able to see how amazing it truly is! {Doug had to come home a little early due to school and work, but I was so glad that he was able to come down the time that he did, and we beyond missed him when he wasn't there!!} We stayed on a brand new houseboat, and it was absolutely amazing! It was so great to experience this trip on such a nice houseboat! It rained a little on our first and second day there, but it didn't stop us from having a good time. We parked the houseboat on a sandy beach, which was perfect because I could take Noah out to play in the sand and walk around. Our days consisted of relaxing on the boat, going boating, playing on the beach, taking nice hikes, sleeping, eating some YUMMY food, playing in the water {and going down the slide on the houseboat}, and just having a grand old time! This trip was so great and I am so thankful that we have such wonderful friends that would think of inviting us...thank you! We made so many great memories on this trip...it was wonderful!

Here are some pictures from our trip {I took close to 300 pictures, so I picked some of the best to share}. The first 5 are my favorites, then there is a slide show with a lot more pictures :).





***Click the picture below to go to the album.***

14 comments:

Sue said...

What a fun trip! I love the adorable kids in their hats. You take such great pics. as always!

Josh said...

What a great trip it was great seeing you guys last night!

Allison Box said...

Looks like you had a great time. We should go there with our family sometime! I love that picture of your family-a perfect Christmas card picture!

Brent and Ashley said...

how fun! your kids are so cute! what a wonderful l o n g vacation!!

Maria said...

I have never been there. I really need to go. It looks fun!

I am jealous Josh got to see you guys last night. We must get together soon!

Jodi Nelson said...

what a FUN trip!!! the pix are awesome, that house boat is awesome (hello!) and a great time for the kids too. that looked fantastic all around!

Allie said...

I've never been either. J always wants to take me and I see why now. You look so great and your kids are the cutest.

YbsisKaren said...

You all look so relaxed and having way tooo much fun. Love the hats also. Angie, you never seem to be any older - just better looking. Must be all the fun you have with your kids and Hubby (hi to Doug for me). You have captured love, beauty, warmth, fun, exceptional scenery, safety and excitement all in just the few pics you have posted. Thanks for sharing your family with us. Love it!

Andrea Griggs said...

You have such a cute family-I love that second picture. Looks like a fun trip!

cherilyn said...

beautiful pictures. i've never been, looks like so much fun. did leah sleep well? i'm guessing she did.

suzi said...

I love the photos!!! Lake Powell is so much fun, I am glad you all got away and enjoyed yourselves!!! p.s. thanks so much for the birthday gift, I love it!!!XOXOXO

Julie said...

Lake Powell Rocks!!! I know what you mean about coming back to colder weather. It was quite a shock the fist time we got out of the car!

Kris Fowler said...

I am so glad you had a GREAT time. Being able to spend those 9 days with my daughter and grandkids and son-in-law was just a very special time. Dad and I had so much fun and we missed the kids (and you) the day after we came back. Only wish Doug could have stayed longer. Maybe next time. Mom

ladybug said...

ALL I CAN SAY IS "I ENVY YOU GUYS"BUT GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME!!! OH THE JOYS OF YOUTH!!!