Monday, March 23, 2009

Leah is ONE!

Happy Birthday Leah!
We celebrated Leah's first birthday this past Saturday. Yes, she is ONE! This past year has been amazing. This little angel has been such a blessing in our lives and we cannot imagine our lives without her. She has each one of us wrapped around her little finger and we are more than willing to give her all that she wants and needs at any time. I remember when I was pregnant with Leah and how nervous I was with how Noah was going to react to his new baby sister. Noah's life has been enriched in so many ways with Leah in his life. He has become her little protector and he is always there when she needs him. It makes my heart so happy to see the wonderful bond that they share with one another. Yes, Leah is the princess in this house and I am grateful beyond words to have her in our family. I look forward to this coming year and all of the many experiences that we will share with her. Here are some highlights from the past few months with Leah...

~ She isn't walking yet, but she is standing all by herself without any support. It is only a matter of time before she takes off.
~ For something so small, she is incredibly loud. Really...she knows how to get your attention! I keep telling myself that it's cute {not really}.
~ She is an incredibly picky eater. She doesn't like baby food at all, or bottles, although she will give in when needed. She prefers the real stuff off of our plates.
~ She has the most amazing eyes. I am constantly receiving comments from people on how big and beautiful her brown eyes are...they are pretty amazing! She just needs to look at us with those big brown eyes, bat her lashes, and we will do what she wants.
~ She has five teeth, and I swear the rest are all coming in at the same time. Teething has been our biggest challenge with this little angel. I hope that they come in fast.
~ She LOVES to play with Noah and she prefers Noah's trucks over her own toys. Noah is always more than willing to share, which is wonderful!
~ She is the BEST sleeper! She started sleeping through the night when she was two weeks old. We have had our weeks when she wakes up a lot, but that doesn't happen often. When she does wake up, I just nurse her and she is off to dreamland. I am so grateful that she sleeps well because I need the rest :). It's tiring keeping up with her and Noah.
~ She is such a petite little thing. She is such a fast little crawler, so I swear she just burns off whatever she eats. The one good thing about her being little is that it is so easy for me to carry her around, and she pretty much spends majority of her time in my arms, so I am grateful that I am able to carry her without too much pain.
~ She is incredibly lovable. We just can't get enough of her! She gets cuter each and every day and we love showering her with hugs and kisses, and she is very accepting of them, which is always nice.
~ Her little laugh cute enough to make my heart melt. She might be a loud screamer, but her little giggle is the cutest thing I have heard in a long time.
Needless to say, we love her pieces. Happy Birthday, to our little angel! We love you more than you will ever know!

Here is a slideshow of some of my favorite pictures of Leah from this past year. It's amazing how much she has grown in such a short time. I look forward to the changes and growth this coming year. Click here see it with music :).

7 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

Is she one already? That's just crazy! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

Mary Staples said...

She's gorgeous. Oh and ps I'm incredibly jealous of your trip to Cali. We love Cali!

Sue said...

Happy Birthday cute girl! I'm glad you guys had so much fun at Disneyland! I just love Noah's sweet excited face. Looks like he had a great time.

Brent and Ashley said...

Whoa! I can't believe she's one!! I swear it was just yesterday I stopped by to see the brand new little one!
And how fun to celebrate her birthday on the beach. She is darling!

Rachel said...

I can't believe she's one! Happy Birthday! Can't wait to see you next week.

Julie said...

Happy 1st Birthday Leah! You beautiful little girl you!!!

Grandma said...

what a beautiful littlegirl, good looking little boy (he is sure growing) and aBEAUTIFUL family.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Leah You will have alot of wondersul years together and have Alot of LOVE.!!!!
iT WAS A FUN PARTY with MANY cute and HAPPY children!!!!!
Love to everyone
Grandma J