Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Photos and Blogging

One of my goals for this year is to take a picture every day. I actually started a blog separate from this one to document those pictures, but posting my photos and thoughts there has taken away from this blog. I don't want to deal with managing multiple blogs...that's just becoming a hassle. If you would like to see my "a photo a day" pictures, I have added a slideshow on the sidebar...just click on it to see all of them :). It will be updated often.

This little project has actually been pretty fun and I am sure that I will be thrilled at the end of the year when I am able to look back on ALL of the photos that I have taken together. I just love taking pictures and documenting my life...love it! I have been reading Ali Edwards blog lately and I am so inspired by her and her take on taking photos and how every photo has a story behind it. I love her simple style, which is SO me, and how she creates wonderful stories with all of the pictures that she takes. I want to be able to put all of my pictures/thoughts together so that I can look back and remember all that has happened in my/our lives in a scrapbook. Now I just need to find the time to do it :).

Just a few thoughts on blogging...

When I first started this blog, I didn't know where it was going. I didn't know if it would stick. When I look and see that I have kept this blog alive for almost two years, it makes me happy. I have never been good at journaling, but now that I see how much has happened in my life in the past two years, and to see that it has been documented, I so wish that I could go back and do this for everything else that has happened up until that point. It is so wonderful to have this blog to share the happenings of my life with you, and I do hope that you enjoy reading it. I love reading your blogs...it makes me happy to see the happenings in your lives.

So, here's to taking more pictures and a lot more blogging...

8 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

i totally agree!! a few times, I've gone back and looked at my blog and thought, I am so glad I've done this. You think you will remember everything, but you don't!! I am excited to check out your photo a day thing. That is a GREAT idea. Love it, love it!

Paint the Moon Photography said...

I'm just getting read to go through and print all of my blogging and web site stuff I've done for the past few years and am so glad I've done it!

I totally understand about keeping up with two blogs ... it's hard! I always seem to let the others fall by the wayside if I am keeping up to date on one.

Have a beautiful day!

Sue said...

It's true, blogging is a great thing! I love your blog and you, and your cute little family!

cherilyn said...

i was just thinking that too. i have the worst memory and i rarely get around to journaling, but blogging is so fun and i do it a lot. so now we have our memories documented!

Karin said...

What a great Idea!!!! Your so creative...

Kris said...

I just love to watch my beautiful daughter and her sweet family in all their adventures. You do an absolutely beautiful job on your blog and the 365 blog. I check in every day on you and yours!!!!!!!!!
Love you:)

Alisa said...

Angie...

I love how clear your pictures are! Your blog, your family, your style, your children... BEAUTIFUL! I hope to visit it more often as I really love the layout and enjoy reading your thoughts.

Alisa

Grandma said...

i am sooooo hapy for your blog-it really makes me feel more "connrctrd" it has been a little difficult for grandpa and i to "get into" the 21st century! Thanks to all you people who have helped us along the way!!!
grandma