Sunday, January 8, 2012

Isaac ~18 months

This cute little guys is officially 18 months old! Crazy talk! He is such a pleasant little guy and we just love watching him learn and grow each and every day. He is quite the little character too...he cracks us all up on a regular basis. It's great! At 18 months old, Isaac...

...has the most contagious smile! Now, the thing about Isaac is that he is so happy and smiley majority of the time. It's awesome because we can't help but be the same way when he's around :).

...is a little climber and will climb up onto anything and everything. This has proven to be a problem at times...like when he pulls out all of the drawers in the kitchen to make "stairs" so he can get on the counter. Not good. Although he climbing skills do help him to get up the slide quickly :)....is starting to say lots of words as of late. His favorite word is "looooook", which is accompanied by him pointing at something. He can also say all of our names, when he wants to, which is something that Noah and Leah just LOVE! He also knows all of his animal sounds and is happy to share them with everyone!

...absolutely loves getting in the tub! He likes it so much that I have caught him sitting in the tub during the day {without water} playing. Cracks me up every time! AND, the moment that I say "let's get in the tubby", he runs to the bathroom giggling and tries to take his clothes off all by himself.

...has the best sense of humor and will purposely do things just to make us laugh. He is definitely the little comedian in our house!...is suddenly very interested in the potty, but has yet to do anything on it. I do sit him on it whenever we take a bath...only time will tell when he wants to take the next step.

...will shake his head for no AND yes. It can confuse me sometimes, but oh well. Hopefully he'll just start saying "yes" and "no" soon. Well, I guess I wouldn't mind if he waited to say "no"...ha!

...loves playing with my iPhone, or anything techy! He knows how to get into my phone and play Peek-a-Boo Barn, and a few other games. He also loves to have his own Wii remote with we're playing games. ...yells "Mammmmma" whenever he wakes up in the morning. He is pretty loud and persistent until I come and get him out of his crib. The moment I open the door, he starts laughing and bouncing around...so cute! He really is so happy in the mornings!

...LOVES ice cream, just like the rest of us. He also loves anything sweet...he's definitely my baby.

...has become somewhat of a picky eater as of late. He might like treats, but he's not a fan of "real" food anymore. He used to not be picky at all, so I hope this is just a phase! I had to deal with this with Leah when she was little and I really don't want to again. We'll see what happens.

...enjoys to have a day to day schedule. He wakes up at the same time every morning, wants to eat at the same times, gets tired for his nap at the same time, etc... If we do something during his nap time, it just isn't a good thing for anyone involved. My solution is to just stay home so that he's happy...good thing we're all home bodies!

...LOVES jumping around on my bed. He knows to only do it when I'm with him, thank goodness.

...is really obedient. If he gets into something that he shouldn't, we just have to nicely tell him not to do that, and then he just looks at us and walks away. AND he won't do it again. It's great that he doesn't throw tantrums during these moments...makes for easy parenting moments!

...is completely and totally loved by Noah and Leah, which is just awesome! They are constantly telling Doug and I how cute he is and how much they love him. Isaac is such a lucky little guy to have those two as older siblings. They will definitely always look out for him, which makes me so dang happy!We love you, Isaac...to the moon and back!

2 comments:

Cher said...

big boy! he sounds like such a cute mellow and funny little guy

Kris said...

He is definitly one amazing little guy. Love my little Isaac!!!