Sunday, September 9, 2012

Summer Vacation

We have not gone on a family vacation since March 2011! I was definitely in need of some sort of getaway with my family...well, maybe we were all in need of a little getaway! Having a new baby makes taking a vacation a little tricky for obvious reasons, plus the fact that Kate doesn't like going on long car rides makes it a little difficult...so we decided to go to Midway and Park City for a few days. It wasn't too far away, yet it was far enough away to make it feel like we were away from our normal surroundings. It really was just what I needed :).

When we arrived, the kids had to scope out our room. I swear, going into a hotel room for the first time on a trip never gets old. We had an awesome view and they loved looking out the window at the scenery.
They also had to try out the beds! Love those smiles!After unpacking our stuff, we headed into town for a bit to have dinner. The kids were begging to go swimming, so we headed right back to the hotel so we could do just that. The pool was perfect for the kids and they LOVED it!
Kate was asleep when we went down, so I opted to sit with her. Once she woke up, she was so happy and calm. She really is the perfect baby and she was fabulous on this trip!
The next morning was full of snuggles and eating licorice for breakfast ;).
Once we were *finally* ready, we jumped in the car and headed to Park City for the afternoon. I think I have said this before, but Isaac has been the worst teether ever! I thought Leah was bad, but she has nothing on Isaac. And, lucky for us, he was in major pain our entire trip...and Tylenol, or any other pain relief for that matter, wouldn't help the poor guy out! Our outing to Park City was not the best for him, but he pulled through. Here are the boys getting ready to go on the Alpine Slide. Isaac wasn't too sure about what to expect, but he was happy once he got on the lift and realized that it was *fun*!I hung out with the girlies and bought Leah a ticket to go on the Carousel. She was grinning from ear to ear the entire time...so I guess it was worth $3?!?!Here are my handsome boys at the top of the lift.
And here they are at the bottom! Noah was thrilled that he was big enough to come down by himself. Doug and I were indifferent because that meant we had to pay more for him to ride it...the joys of having your kids grow up. It's burning a hole in our pocket already ;).Then it was my turn! Noah was lucky enough to be able to go down the slide twice...lucky duck! Seriously...that ride was so FUN! Leah and I had a blast!And here's a shot of Doug and the kiddos...Isaac wasn't into it...poor little dude.After Park City, we went and did a little shopping, which the kids just loved {not!}, then we headed back to the hotel for some more swimming! My kiddos are little fish and would have swam all day and all night! Turns out Isaac was actually a little sick that night, so I took him and Kate up to the room. It took us about 45 minutes for he, Kate, and I to shower and get ready...and all the while, Doug, Noah, and Leah were still swimming! We ended up going back down to just watch them for another hour! Seriously...they LOVE to swim :).
I love how Isaac has floaties, a tube, and a noodle. We're very safe!When we went shopping, I bought Leah these red glasses, and it turns out Isaac loved them too! I had to convince Leah to let him wear them, which was not an easy feat, but she finally obliged when she saw how happy it made him :).The next day, we went shopping, again, and found him these stylin' glasses ;). He LOVES them and still wears them all of the time! I seriously can't take the kid seriously when he's wearing them. So...these glasses were the good that came out of our trip for Isaac :).So, aside from having sick kid, we had a great time. Noah and Leah needed this getaway just as much as Doug and I did. It really is so much fun to just get out of our normal routine and spend every hour together. I thoroughly enjoyed not worrying about cleaning and my normal day to day stuff at home...it was GREAT! I definitely look forward to our next family vacation. Man, oh man, I love my family so much and special time together like this is time well spent!!!

0 comments: