Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Kate ~ 5 months

The baby in the family is getting bigger every day, and we just love watching it all happen before our eyes!  Kate's an amazing little angel. 
 
At 5 months old, Kate...
 
...is an OK sleeper.  Yes, she has gone from being a great sleeper, to an OK sleeper ;).  The problem is putting her to sleep.  She'll fall asleep fine in our arms, but the moment we set her down, she wakes right up and cries.  She's getting better at staying asleep...we're working on it.  She is also very spoiled and is probably too comfortable with sleeping in my bed.  I don't care though...I love having her snuggle up with me.  It's the best. 
...is SO happy whenever she wakes, whether it be in the morning or from a nap.  So, getting her to sleep has proven to be a treat, but having her wake up seems to be the sweetest!
 
...loves her jumper and can finally support herself!  Yay!  I love watching her turn around in it and play with all the toys.
...still LOVES bath time and will just laugh and laugh the entire time!  I probably give her more bathes than I should because she loves them so much.  What can I say...I love me a yummy smelling, clean baby!  Mmmm!
...only rolls from her belly to her back.  She has rolled on to her belly a few times, but that's it. 
 
...is still a mommy and daddy's girl!  We love it so much.  She definitely prefers being in our arms and protected from the other little people in the house.
...is a drooler, just like her brothers!  Leah never drooled, so I was hoping that Kate would be the same, but no, she's a faucet.
 
...has the most amazing eyes.  Every time I look at her I think how I can't believe that her eyes are blue!  So pretty!
...chews on her fingers like mad!  She's a pro at cramming as many fingers as she can in her mouth once.
...found her feet, and she LOVES to grab at them any time that she can. 
...has a brother that just adores her!  Yes, Leah and Isaac love her lots and lots, but Noah just can't get enough of her.  He is constantly asking to hold her, and she usually lets him without a fuss.  I can already tell that these two are going to be close.  So sweet!
...loves to go on walks with me in the morning.  Isaac fusses more than she does about being in the stroller...I guess that's normal though :).
...has definitely found her voice and will let us know when she wants to be held by screaming at the top of her lungs!  Oh joy...I guess we have another screamer in the family.  But, the moment that we pick her up, she stops.  Our solution, obviously, is to hold her all the time :).
 
...loves to blow raspberries all.of.the.time!  Seriously, this combined with the drooling...oh my!  But so cute at the same time.
...is such a happy little girl.  We can not get enough of all her smiles and giggles.  Her laugh is music to my ears...it's the best!
 
...is so, SO, pretty.  She changes every day for the better and we just love her to pieces!  Even more than last month.

2 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

So so cute Angie!! I can't believe you have four kids. And you are a natural at the mommy thing! ;) What a great family!! xo

Cher said...

she is so pretty. cute. did you make the pink quilt she's laying on?s