Monday, September 3, 2012

The Fowler Cabin

One of my most favorite memories from my childhood is going to the mountains and spending time at Grandparent's cabin. My mom and dad also owned some land up there, so we spent loads of time there in this little shed that my dad built. It has been 10 years since I last went and I have been wanting to go back for such a long time. So...my parent's and my family decided to go this past weekend, and it was such a wonderful getaway! When we were driving up there, the memories from the cabin from my childhood came flooding back to me, which made this trip so much fun. It was so great sharing these memories with Noah and Leah.

We drove up Friday evening and arrived right when the sun was going down. As we were driving in, we saw 2 deer and a moose...this made the kids so excited to be there! Once we got to the cabin, we unpacked, ate dinner and headed to bed. That night was NOT fun for Doug and I, as Isaac and Kate decided that it would be fun to stay up all night long! Seriously...Doug and I were so tired the next morning. Dang kids! Good thing their cute ;).

Here's a picture of the backside of the cabin. It really is so beautiful. My grandma and grandpa, along with lots of family, my dad included, built this cabin with their own two hands! I'm so thankful for the effort they put into building this cabin so that we could all have the memories that we do!

We spent majority of our time just hanging out in the cabin and relaxing. Noah had a blast using the binoculars to try and find more animals.Isaac was hit and miss on on this trip. He's been having a very hard time dealing with his molars, and he can be pretty tempermental...makes for very interesting days around here. You just never know what to expect, but, for the most part, he was pretty happy and silly :). Love that little grin.Doug and I decided to take the kiddos on a walk up to Chipmunk Hill...a hill not too far from the cabin. Doug and I toted the little ones, while Noah and Leah walked along with us. I thought Leah would complain and want to be held, but she was a trooper! Isaac was not thrilled when we put him in the backpack, but once we started going, he was just fine.On top of Chipmunk Hill. The view is amazing!Noah and Leah seriously were so good on our hike...I was impressed :). This little angel was SO good the entire trip! She pretty much slept majority of the time, and then was content to just be held by whoever was around. Such a sweetie!And thank goodness for the iPad :). Leah was thrilled when she saw that her favorite game was hiding in the closet! We seriously played that game over a dozen times...and she won majority of the games. She's a smart little cookie.On Saturday afternoon, we had the biggest storm. The thunder and lightening were so loud that it literally shook the cabin. Then it started to hail! It was crazy!The sun came out soon after the storm, and it made a beautiful glow on the hills. So pretty!The next day was pretty much a repeat of the previous day. The kids were begging to go on a hike back up to Chipmunk Hill, so we obliged and this time we took my mom and dad. The kids enjoyed taking Meeka with us too :).My little hikers :).I was thankful my parent's came with us so that I could get a family picture at the top. Man, oh man, I love these people SO much it hurts! And here's a shot with my dad :).I'm SO glad that we finally decided to go up to the cabin! The kids are already asking when we can go back! I promised we would go back next year!


0 comments: