Monday, April 12, 2010

Noah is 4!

Four years ago today, we welcomed our first born. It's crazy how it seems like it was just yesterday that we were bringing home this little bundle of joy...

I wanted to make today as special of a day for Noah as I could, so I talked to him and asked him what he wanted to do. Our day was filled with pancakes for breakfast, a trip to Farm Country, a fun afternoon of playing with his cousin, a special dinner with just Mommy and Daddy, and then more gifts and MORE cake and ice cream. I think that he had a fabulous day, and I think he just loved the fact that he didn't have to take a nap today...haha. I had so much fun putting aside all my household duties and just playing with my FOUR year old, and Leah too :). We had a blast!

Noah helped me make his birthday breakfast and he was thrilled when I made his pancake into the number 4. It took him a few minutes to actually eat it. He also insisted on having a "real" placemat and a metal fork...you know...since he's now FOUR!
Noah loves animals and was so excited to go to the farm. He loved petting them and feeding them and would spend time at each animal before moving on. Bunnies! Leah was beyond nervous almost the entire time that we were there. She didn't cry, but she yelled and reached for me whenever we pulled up to a new animal. I guess she doesn't share Noah's love for animals. Feeding the ducks. Noah LOVED the horses! This horse was incredible friendly and Noah just loved stroking him. I love the sign on the fence... Feeding the goats. Leah finally decided to attempt to feed the goats...with ONE piece of corn. We finished our visit by riding one of the ponies.

That evening we went to The Cheesecake Factory...just Noah and Mommy and Daddy {thanks mom and dad for watching Leah so that we could enjoy our dinner :)}. I was smart and brought a gift for Noah to open at the restaurant...a digger truck. He LOVED it and kept saying "Thank you so much, Mommy. This is my favorite truck!". Then we went to my parent's to get Leah and opened more gifts...this boy LOVES GeoTrax and was thrilled to get two more trains. I think I am even more thrilled because now both Noah AND Leah can have a train when we play...it'll be nice to not have them fight for one train anymore!
And, of course, we ended the evening by singing Happy Birthday and eating MORE cake. Yum!
It was a wonderful day...and I still can't believe that my little man is FOUR! Four is such a big number to me, and I am just amazed at how fast Noah is growing up. He is such a wonderful little guy and we love him more then he will ever know. Happy Birthday Noah!!!

6 comments:

Kris said...

He is growing up to be a very sweet little boy!!! Sure had fun celebrating with him.(and of course the rest of his family!)

Kelsi said...

He just seems like the sweetest boy! I can't believe he is four either! Love your cute joint birthday party by the way! So nice to have their birthdays so close together!

Allison Box said...

Fun birthday stuff! I am glad Noah had a good day. I can't believe that he is four either! Time flies.

Halvorsen Family said...

Happy birthday Noah! I can't believe how big he is getting. He is so cute. His expression when he is opening the presents is priceless. Cute boy.

Kaeloni said...

Your kids are ADORABLE! Sounds like he had a great birthday! I'm hoping you remember me from mothers group a few weeks ago!

Brent and Ashley said...

4?! Crazy! Happy birthday! And I love the Easter pics! You're kids are sure cute!!