Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week In The LIfe ~ Wednesday

~ Since the kids didn't get a bath last night, we had one this morning after breakfast. After playing in the tubby for nearly 30 MINUTES, it was time to get out and ready for the day. Noah insisted on staying in while I got Leah ready, so I sat in the hall and did just that. Leah loves to be wrapped up as a burrito after her bath and she kicks and screams the moment I unwrap her to put lotion on her. I feel badly, but it has to be done! Once she was dressed, Noah got out and did what he usually does after a bath...roll up like a ball on the ground with his towel over him. Leah had fun sittting on him and pretending that he was a horsey! Ha! We actually went somewhere today...Noah had his class and Leah had Toddler Gym...AND I FORGOT MY CAMERA! Oh well, life happens. They both had a fabulous time, as they do every Wednesday.
~ Lunch consisted of quesidillas and a smoothie, and I can't tell you how much they LOVE smoothies! We pretty much make one every day...yum! Leah got it all over her, which was just lovely. Noah didn't want to take a nap, so he opted for quiet time during Leah's nap, which consisted of reading books and coloring while he watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang {strangest movie ever, if you ask me, but he loves it}. I cut out ALL of the squares for a quilt that I am making for Leah. I'm hoping to have the top done by this weekend...we'll see! I had to cut 176 small squares and 44 larger ones...lots and lots of cutting! I also spent some time playing with Noah in his tunnel as best as I could. It is SO hard for me to get up and down lately due to my ever growing belly. I made the best and we had fun!
~ Doug came home tonight, which was a VERY good thing! The only sad thing is that I had to leave as soon as he came home so that I could go do some visits. I made them a yummy, and easy {love the crock pot}, dinner...BBQ chicken sandwiches with potatoe wedges and fruit, and I was a bit sad to have to wait to eat it. Doug was such a good daddy and played with the kiddos while I was gone. When I came home, Doug told me that Leah peed her pants THREE times...seriously?!?! I personally think that she was playing a joke on Doug because she has been doing so well during the day. Silly girl...I couldn't help but laugh. After getting the kids ready for bed, we tried to put them down....for like 45 minutes! They wanted nothing to do with going to bed tonight...stinkers! We just went along with it and played a bit more, read a few more books, and sang a few more songs. Once Doug layed down with Noah, he was out in a matter of minutes. Leah finally gave up too and was off to dreamland pretty quickly once she decided to calm down. Doug had homework to do tonight, and I finished cutting fabric for Leah's quilt. It was so nice to have Doug home tonight and I can not wait for him to graduate in a few weeks! Something to look forward to :).

3 comments:

Cher said...

i like the one of you, are you folding laundry? did you set the camera on timer? that's what we did yesterday. :) and i love the last two of doug. what a cute daddy.

Julie said...

These are fun Angie! And finally a baby bump picture!

engfee said...

I know the feeling of wanting the husband to be done with school. Mike still has a year of his masters left and then his phd, feels like he will never be done! Your pictures are so cute, they remind me that I need to take more of my little boy!