Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week In The Life ~ Monday

I've always enjoyed reading Ali Edward's blog. This week, she is challenging people to follow along with her Week In The Life project, so I thought, why not? I love taking pictures of my little ones, and it's pretty obvious they are all that I take pictures of, but I thought it would be fun to document their days/week from start to finish. I'm going to try and add some pictures of Doug and I, as we are definitely involved in this family, we're just not seen much outside the camera :). I'm hoping that this will be a fun project to look back on...we'll see :). I'll share some of the pictures that I have taken each day and some of the highlights from our day throughout the week. Here goes...

MONDAY
- Our morning was the same as usually. Leah woke up incredibly happy, which is always a good thing. We ate breakfast and I was amazed that Noah ate THREE bowls of cereal...this kid is going to definitely eat us out of house and home! I did my morning *chores* while the kids played, which didn't involve much yelling/arguing, thank goodness. Noah's doing a great job at writing his letters and he was very focused this morning on having me tell him a letter as he wrote it on the chalk board. To my amazement, he wrote every letter correctly...progress! Noah and Leah helped me hang some clothes up to dry, which I am so thankful for, and Noah made his bed ALL BY HIMSELF! AND he did it all with a smile on his face :).
- Today was an absolutely beautiful day, so we headed to the park this afternoon with a lot of popsicles in tow. There were a handful of our neighbors at the park too, so we shared our popsicles with everyone. Leah has finally decided to go down the *big* slide and she is full of happiness as she goes down it over, and over again. Every time that she goes down she tells me, "One more, mom," which translates to ten more times. Noah had fun riding his bike around and around with his friend. It's amazing to me how much energy these kids have...I swear they never get tired...at least it seems like it. At lunchtime we headed home...kicking and screaming! They did NOT want to come home, but they were happy once we walked in the door and saw that I as indeed making lunch...like I would lie about telling them that it was time for lunch! I'm hungry too! After some yummy peanut butter and honey sandwiches, we headed off to take naps...kicking and screaming, again! BUT, once they hit their pillows, they were both out...for almost 3 hours each! I decide to sit outside for a bit and take in some of the nice weather.
- When the kids wake up, we have a snack and then head out to run some errands. After running to a few stores, we make our final stop and buy some flowers to plant in our flower pot. Noah is beyond excited as he helps pick out the flowers. This is so new to him and he is so excited to help plant the flowers and take care of them...he tells me that he will remember to water them every day, and I know that he will!
- We get home and have dinner and play some more. It's time for a bath and Noah insists on getting in our tub because it's so much more fun...I give in and agree. They play in the tub for close to 30 minutes...they just love tubby time! Always have! After getting out and getting ready for the night, I tell them that they have to clean up their toys in their rooms...they weren't happy about this one bit, but I am SO tired of cleaning up after them and I totally think that they should help. To my amazement, they both get up and go and clean up everything! Wow! We then all snuggle up in my bed and read books...and boy how they love their books. We spent close to 45 minutes reading book after book! Even I get lost in them and loose track of time!

Sorry if this is so long {and boring}...this is mostly just for my documentation, but I enjoy sharing with you. It's fun to look back on stuff like this...at least it is for me :).

2 comments:

Cher said...

great idea. maybe i'll copy. i don't thin it's boring at all. especially for you in a few years.

YbsisKaren said...

I don't think it's boring either. Last week Walt & I spent the week being the responsible people for 2 youngens. Fed them, got them to school, helped them get motivated to do homework and clean the animals cages and feed them as well. The kids are 10 & 14 and they are just as much work as your 2 are. But what fun.