Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Stockings

I have been wanting to make the children some Christmas stockings for years...and this year I finally did it! I totally bit off more than I could chew on this project, but I'm so glad that I did it {that's easy to say now that they are done!}.

I decided to do a different style for each one, but all of the fabric is from the same line. So, at least they were similar in that respect. Leah's was by far the hardest to complete. I have never done a hexagon quilt before, and it was definitely a challenge. You see, everything on the front of this stocking is done by hand...I had to hand sew each and every one of those pieces together! Talk about time consuming! It makes me feel good to have it all done and all of the time really was worth it.

To know that I am going to have these handmade stockings each Christmas makes me happy...I am proud of myself on these little creations. More than anything, I'm happy that I sat down and actually did it! Completing projects is definitely not easy for me these days :). So...here they are :).


Noah's...
Leah's...it makes me tired just thinking about all the time I put into this little creation!
Isaac's...

2 comments:

Kris said...

Those turned out absolutely perfectly. They are darling!!!!!

Cher said...

wow. good work!
i made stockings this year too, i was just going to post pics. :)