Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Isaac ~ 6 Months

That's right...our precious little Isaac is SIX months old. I can't believe it...in only six more {short} months, my baby is going to be ONE. I don't even want to think about how fast the time is passing. I know I always say that, but it just amazes me how quickly my little ones are growing up. STOP GROWING!

Isaac is growing so fast and is literally changing right before our eyes. It is amazing to watch and to see what he is going to do next. Here are some highlights from this past month:

~ He is rolling everywhere, and he rolls FAST!
~ He can now get up on his hands and knees, and he is SO close to crawling. If he is on his belly, he instantly gets up on all fours. No more sitting on his belly...he wants to be up so that he can see what is going on!
~ He is also very close to sitting up all by himself. He can usually support himself for about a minute before he tips over.
~ He has found his voice, and he knows how to use it! Thankfully he doesn't scream all of the time...just when he really wants some attention.
~ He is SO spoiled! I still pretty much hold him all of the time, or if he's on the ground, I'm usually right there with him. He does *NOT* like to be alone, and it just breaks my heart to hear him cry. So, my solution is give him what he wants, and what he wants is to be with his mama, and I don't mind one bit :).
~ He has the saddest cry ever! And the face that goes along with it will break your heart. I just wish that he would realize that are times that I have to put him down and that he wouldn't cry. We're working on it :).
~ He thinks that Leah is HILARIOUS! She can get him laughing when no one else can.
~ He loves to play Peek-a-Boo. He has the cutest little belly laugh and we can really get him going when we play this with him. The best is when he is crying and we say "Peek-a-boo" and he instantly starts to laugh. So...he'll have tears running down his sweet cheeks, then he'll start to laugh uncontrollably. It's pretty funny to watch...especially when he starts crying again, and then laughs again...back and forth.
~ He's an alright sleeper...I just wish that he would sleep past 5:00 in the morning. Thankfully, I usually just have to feed him, and then he goes right back to sleep. BUT, I just wish that he would wake up at 6:00 instead because the moment I wake up, it's SO hard to go back to sleep. Needless to say, I'm still a bit sleep deprived!
~ He STILL hates being in his carseat. I'm convinced that there is nothing that I can do to make him like it.
~ He is starting to enjoy playing with toys and he is SO fascinated with all of his new discoveries :).
~ He grabs anything and everything within reach. He is constantly grabbing my hair when I am holding him, and he is always lunging for whatever is in my hands {food, glass of water, toy, etc...}. The best is when he's on my lap when we're eating and he grabs my food and throws it on the floor...lovely. And...you would think that I would learn to not hold him on my lap, but no...
~ His hair is coming in darker than we all expected, and it's also really fuzzy! And his eyes...we still don't know what color they are going to be, but they definitely won't be brown like Noah and Leah's.

Words can't explain how much this little guy has changed us all for the good...we definitely has us all wrapped around his little finger :).

Noah loves to hang out next to Isaac...here Noah's showing Isaac how to play Mario.







1 comments:

Cher said...

wow! so big. and so cute