Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas ~ 2010

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year. Noah has been counting down the days until Christmas and he was beyond excited when Christmas was finally here.

Noah and Leah gave Doug and I the best Christmas gift ever...they slept in until 8:30! We actually felt refreshed and ready for the fun that comes with Christmas morning.

After opening their stockings... ...the fun really started! I mean, look at Noah rip that present open!
Doug and I thought that Noah would really enjoy Legos...and let me tell you that they have been a HUGE hit!
Leah is growing like a weed, so she was got some new clothes. And, of course, her favorite were the PINK pants!
They just couldn't stop once they started...
And then, Isaac graced us with his presence. He's a smart little boy and decided to *really* sleep in. I'm jealous!
Sleepy, sleepy boy. Man, oh man, I really love my baby! So precious!
It was Isaac's turn to open a gift...a book...Runaway Bunny.
I made each of the kids a hoodie towel...
Being the girly girl that Leah is, she got lots of girly stuff! Necklaces, chapstick, and, her favorite...earings!
OK...I have to share this. Leah was kind of out of control when it came to opening the gifts...she wouldn't stop. Seriously! It was crazy/funny to watch. SO...when we told her that she had to stop, this was the look that we would get. So, SO, funny!
Noah also got some tracks for his GeoTrax. We LOVE playing with GeoTrax...and now we have these beauties to make our tracks even more awesome! I have to admit, I was pretty excited for this gift too. Playing with those GeoTrax is pretty fun!
And then, it was Leah's turn again...DRESS-UP BABY! Oh my, she was happy about this gift!
And I got snow boots! Woot, woot!
Noah's BIG gift was this John Deere Loader. I can't even tell you how happy Noah was when he opened this up! He was definitely one excited boy!
After the chaos of opening all of the gifts, it was time to play.
Oh...and Doug got some gifts too. He got a U of U tie, an extension cord {very practical :)}, and tickets to a Jazz game. He was so excited...
After our Christmas naps...we went to Doug's parent's house for Christmas dinner. It's a tradition to have a Mexican feast, and it was goooooood!

My boys...I love them so much! And, boy, are they CUTE!
And then it was time for the pinata. I love watching all of the grandchildren take a turn...especially the little ones. They were so gentle with the sunny pinata. Noah was a little more tough this year. And...the older ones...they are so hard with their hits! There are no pictures of them because I was trying to help keep the little ones out of their hitting range. This is definitely a fun tradition with the Smith family.
And then the fun of gathering the candy...the joy is written all over Connor's face! Unfortunately, Doug was holding the baby so he wasn't able to dive in and get the goods. It's probably a good thing though, cause he steals the candy from the kids...for real.
It was a WONDERFUL Christmas this year. I'm a little sad that it's over...but I feel that way every year. Now it's time to play with all of our new goodies and enjoy our time together. We hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comments:

Cher said...

never heard of geo trax. maybe we'll have to check it out!
love the christmas posts. looks like it was perfect