Monday, October 18, 2010

Isaac ~ 4 Months

Our precious baby boy is now 4 months old. He has surprised me with all of the things that he has started to do this month. He's an absolute joy to be around and we love him to the moon and back! Here's what he's been up to this month...

~ Right after he turned 3 months old, he started to roll over from his belly to his back. He's a belly sleeper, so I would go in to get him from his naps and he would be on his back! It actually took a few weeks for us to actually witness this new trick of his because he would only do it after he woke up. He now flips right over to his back the minute that you lay him down, which means I need to make sure that he is sound asleep before I lay him down, or else he'll flip right over, be wide awake, and I have to start from square one to put him down.
~ He drools ALL OF THE TIME!
~ He has the cutest little belly laugh EVER! I can't get enough of it! And I love how easy it is to make him laugh!
~ Lately he hasn't been sleeping as well as I would like. He's been waking up once in the middle of the night, then at 6:00, although he does go right back to sleep as soon as I feed him. I just wish that he would start sleeping 8 hours straight again.
~ He is the happiest baby! He is constantly smiling and cooing at us. And his smile...oh boy...it's amazing! He smiles with his entire face and it is so, so adorable! You just can't help but be happy when Isaac is around because that smile is contagious!
~ He does not like to be left alone, and the *moment* that I walk out of the room he starts to whine/cry/whimper... The moment that I walk back into the room, he's full of smiles! He definitely likes having someone around to "talk" to.
~ He loves playing with *all* of his baby toys. He can grasp most of his toys now and he loves to shake them and, of course, chew on them.
~ If he doesn't have something to chew on, he'll go to town chomping on his hands. I'm beginning to wonder if he's starting to teeth...I guess we'll know soon enough.
~ He suddenly likes his binky. Noah and Leah wanted *nothing* to do with the bink, but Isaac has just recently started to take it. It's actually a nice thing because it soothes him in the car, which lead me to the fact that he still hates being in his car seat. He's getting better, mostly because of his binky. I'd rather have him suck on his bink and be calm in the car instead of hear him scream every time we go somewhere.
~ His brother and sister absolutely adore him...maybe a little too much. He still gets a teeny bit nervous when they are too rough around him, and he'll let them know how he feels about it. When he starts to cry when Leah is playing around him, Leah will come to me and tell me that "Isaac's nervous"...I guess I have told her that phrase one too many times. But, it's true.
~ I still think {and hope} that he's eyes are going to go blue. His eyes still change colors from day to day, but they pretty much always have some shade of blue going on. We'll see how they turn out soon enough :).

Well, that's all I can think of for now. He's definitely a keeper and we just can't get enough of him. I take *way* too many pictures of my kiddos when they are this age, mostly because they will actually let me take pictures of them ;). So, here are some of my favs from this past month.











3 comments:

Cher said...

cute! love the one of him being loved and squished a little

Kris said...

He is a real cutie pie!!! I think blue eyes!!

Julie said...

He gets cuter and chubbier every day!