Saturday, October 16, 2010

so long summer...until next year!

I know that it is mid-October, but I feel like I need to add this post to round out our fun summer. Yes, this summer was a little more low key due to adding a cute little baby to the family, but we still had a great summer! I've said it before, but summer really is my favorite season...I really LOVE being outdoors everyday and not worrying about being cold {I *really* don't enjoy the cold weather!}. So, here are some things that I really enjoyed this summer...

We didn't go to the pool often, but when we did we had a blast! Leah had a great time going down the BIG slide for the first time!
And I just love how these two would hold hands going down the kiddie slide...not only here, but every single time they went down.
Isaac was a champ whenever we went to the pool. Doug and I would take turns watching him, and he was always as good as ever!

Noah had a daddy/son camping trip, and can I just tell you how much fun Noah had on this little one-nighter. He pretty much wouldn't stop talking about it for many days following...I so wish that I could have gone too! Although, I can only imagine how much fun a camping trip would be with ALL the kiddos in one tent...ya, it's probably a good thing I stayed home with Leah and Isaac.
Ah...I ate WAY too many sno-shacks {as we call them} this summer! They are SO.... good! I really couldn't get enough and I found any excuse to go get one when we were out and about! My new favorite flavor is Cotton Candy {the blue one}...thank you Connor for introducing it to me! It is DELICIOUS!
Noah couldn't get enough of playing in the dirt with his trucks {no surprise there!}!
We also ate way too much ice cream this summer. My favorite were the Drumsticks that my parents always had a stock of...YUM! I love how it doesn't matter how messy the kiddos get when they eat ice cream in the summer...the messier the better, right?

I really enjoyed the nice, cool evenings that came around. There was this one evening, the beginning of August, that was so amazing! The clouds filled up the sky and the sun shined through making a *beautiful* yellow/orange color everywhere in sight. It really was amazing. Here's Leah and John on that evening...it's hard to tell, but the sky was so beautiful!
Ahh...we can never get enough of blowing bubbles!
Playing in the sandbox and my parent's house was also a favorite with Noah and Leah. Noah pretty much spent his entire time playing in it whenever we were there.

And dressing this little princess up in her little sun dresses was definitely a favorite of mine! Good thing she loves these dresses just as much as I do!
Well, so long summer! Next year couldn't come soon enough...and we're excited already :).

2 comments:

Karin said...

Love the pics!

Cher said...

totally feel the same way. boo. at least i'm still wearing flip flops, it's been nice so far!
wish we lived closer, our kiddos could play while we ate snow cones!