Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lake Powell ~ 2010

We weren't planning on going on a vacation this year for obvious reasons, and I was a little sad about that. So, when my parents asked us if we wanted to go to Lake Powell, I was all over it! I SO needed a vacation...I just needed a break from everyday tasks and time to get away and have fun with my family. We went to Lake Powell with the Martins 2 years ago and had so much fun, so we were way excited to go again. They have the *nicest* houseboat and we are so thankful that they thought to invite us. We had a wonderful time going boating, wakeboarding, playing in the sand, swimming, lounging around, playing games, etc... I really do think that Lake Powell is one of the most beautiful places, and it was so nice to go there again and take in the beauty of it all! The children had so much fun and we didn't have as many melt downs as I was expecting...I don't know what to expect these days! They were constantly entertained, so this vacation was great for them too! Good, GOOD times!!

Noah and Leah had a blast playing in the dirt...and getting dirty! It was nice not worrying at all about them getting dirty...I'd just dunk them in the water to clean them off before we went in :).

Noah loved swimming over to this rock across the way and jumping into the water with Doug.

Seriously...he is SO cute! Isaac was also SO good on this trip, and I love him so much for it!
Leah navigating the boat...she was taking us to "Disneyland". That's what she said!
Going boating...
I just love Doug's old school Oakleys!
I love wakeboarding and I'm thankful that I caught on easily, since it has been so long since I last did it. Good times!
Doug was pretty good, until he fell and hurt his neck! Nice!
OK...Cam is beyond amazing a wakeboarding! Seriously, look at that! He was doing {and landing} 360's and some amazing jumps! Crazy, yet so amazing to watch! Wow!
There was a little hill where we were, and Doug decided to make the trek to the top to see if he could get cell phone coverage. He did...he just can't live without technology ;).
Leah, of course, was looking all cute in her pink dress at Lake Powell! And, yes, she wears her sunglasses upside down. I think they stay better on her face that way...she always wears them like this!
Drink your water...it was HOT!
Colton and Leah had fun feeding the fish that would come around. I love how easy it is to keep 2 year old entertained :).
Going down the slide was another favorite.
Me and my babes...

Man, they're cute!

Isaac wasn't neglected at all on this trip and was held pretty much every moment he was awake. Leah even took a turn...she sure loves her little bro!
Leah was a bit hesitant about the water, and I don't blame her one bit! When she would get in, she would cling to either Doug or I like a little monkey. We made sure to hold on to her tight so that she wouldn't get scared.
On our last night, we went on a ride to see Lost Canyon, and while on the ride over there all of the children fell asleep! They were T.I.R.E.D!
Lost Canyon
Looking out from a beautiful cave that we found...AMAZING!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Your kids are cute!! I can't wait till I can do Kiah's hair like Leah's :)She is so pretty!

Erin K said...

so fun, we desperately need a vacay too. and i really want mike to see lake powell. he's never been.

Kaeloni said...

sounds like so much fun and yeah your kids are too dang cute!

Halvorsen Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kris said...

It was such a fun trip. I had a wonderful time with my beautiful, witty, amazing and fun family. Love you all!!!!!

linds jo said...

what a fun trip! we love LP! you give me hope that its do-able with 3 kiddos:)

Cher said...

still never been. looks so fun! love the canyon pics!