Friday, January 28, 2011

Daddy had a birthday...

...last week!

It's been a crazy week here in the Smith Household. The sickness that we have been dreading finally hit, and it's NOT good. The kids are all down napping {finally}, so I am now able to write a little something about my sweetheart's birthday.

Doug turned one year older this past Saturday, and he was SO excited about it {not really}. Noah has been looking forward to Daddy's birthday for weeks, so we definitely had to make a whole weekend of it for the kids sake, right?! Plus, I LOVE celebrating birthdays, so we had a whole lot of fun stuff planned to make Doug's day super-duper special :).

Friday ~ I planned a lunch with Doug's family at The Pie! OK...now it has to be said that The Pie is the best.pizza.ever! With that said, it was a wonderful lunch! We got our favorite pizza and hung out with some of our most favorite people. Good, GOOD, times ;).

Doug and his younger sister, Alli.
Kristen, Steff, Elijah {so cute!}, and Alli. The girls are pretty darn cute too :).
These three good lookin' boys are the best of friends...I'm so glad that they have one another :).
Saturday ~ Doug's actual birthday. Doug wanted to go snowboarding on his birthday, so, after sleeping in {oops!}, we headed up to SLC to drop the kiddos off at my parent's house {thanks, again, mom and dad!} and then headed up to Park City. I was expecting it to be really busy with the Sundance Film Festival going on, but it really wasn't that busy at all. It snowed most of the day, and it was a bit cold, but we still had a great time. I absolutely love this resort...it's SO beautiful.

After our day on the slopes, we headed back to get the kids and go to Doug's other favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse! My mom and dad were able to come to, which was great! The kids were on their best behavior...it's SO nice that they are being so good when we go out...this means that we can go out more often with them! Doug and I both agreed that this was one of our best meals there...it was delicious! And, those rolls, oh my, they are seriously the BEST!

Sunday ~ No birthday is complete without a cake, candles, and singing "Happy Birthday"! Noah and Leah helped me make some cupcakes after church, and that evening Doug's parents came over to help us celebrate Doug's b-day one last time. I made peanut butter frosting {YUM!} for the cupcakes, and we sang to Doug, and Doug had the help of his precious little boy and girl to blow out his candles. Then we devoured the goodness that is the peanut butter cupcake.

Doug and Isaac {aka...Doug's mini-me!}. They look SO much alike to me.
Love Leah's bed head from her nap earlier that day! Awesome.


Doug...I love you more than you will ever know. We all had such a wonderful weekend celebrating YOU! You are so special to all of us, and we hope that you had a fabulous Birthday! LOVE YOU!

0 comments: