Thursday, January 20, 2011

Isaac ~ 7 Months

This has been a big month for Isaac. He has reached so many milestones...it's crazy! This month actually went by slowly, especially when he started to do so many things. I love watching him grow and learn each and every day. It is truly amazing to watch!

~ He started eating solids, and he's finally starting to enjoy it. My method with introducing food to my little ones is make it *somewhat* fun. Sometimes I just put the food on his tray and let him play with it, and if some of it makes it's way in his mouth, then good job Isaac :). Up until about a week ago, everything that I put in his mouth with the spoon came right out! He's just learning to keep what I give him in, and to swallow it. I've kind of given up on store bought food {it's just so expensive, and some other things that I won't go in to}, so we have started to make baby food here at home for him. He actually likes this food so much more...I don't know why I haven't done this before! Live and learn.
~ He can sit by himself.
~ He can crawl, and he crawls *everywhere*! Let the baby proofing begin!
~ He can go from crawling to sitting. That's actually harder than it sounds, but he's mastered doing it.
~ Needless to say...he is very mobile. We are having fun watching him discover new things with his mobility. I've had to sit down with both Noah and Leah and talk to them about keeping little toys and food off of the floor, and to pick up anything if Isaac shouldn't have it. They seem to understand and have been a huge help to me in this department, which is great!
~ He can also pull himself up on anything, and everything! I'm amazed at how strong he is.
~ Although he does like to spend time on the floor playing, he still prefers to be held. He is a mommy's boy, but, if he's in the right mood, he doesn't care who is holding him. Just as long as he's being held. He just loves to snuggle :).
~ He will let you know when he is unhappy...that little cry of his breaks my little heart. Thankfully, he doesn't cry too often.
~ He absolutely LOVES books. He loves flipping the pages, and, of course, chewing on them. They are definitely his toy of choice ;).
~ He seriously chews on anything and everything that he can get his hands on, including his own fingers ;). I'm wondering when his teeth are going to make their appearance. He's been in a bit of pain lately, so I'm hoping that it's sooner than later.
~ He wakes up two times in the middle of the night...and I'm sick of it! I am being a little sarcastic, but I really am SO ready for a good nights sleep. Noah and Leah aren't any better, but I just won't go there right now in regards to those two punks {we wake up almost *every* morning with them in our bed!}! Despite waking up twice, he is a great napper...that's a good thing :). He's a growing boy!
~ His hair is growing like crazy...and it's coming in SO dark. I love it!
~ He's a little featherweight. At his 6 month appointment, he was barely 16 pounds. I attribute it to his mobility, because he is a very good eater.
~ He is such a happy little guy and he is constantly sharing his beautiful smile. I can not get enough of his smile and giggles...it makes me SO happy to see my babes happy :).

I'm still in awe that Isaac has been in our lives for 7 months...I truly can't imagine our family without him. He makes us complete. Here are some pictures from this past month for your viewing pleasure. Man, oh man, he's cute :). I can't get enough!

8583 copy


8722 copy

8884 copy


8935 copy

9059 copy

9071 copy

9203 copy

9398 copy

9832 copy

4 comments:

leishmanfamily said...

I had to scroll down to get caught up on everyone and I cannot believe how big and cute your kids are getting!! I can't believe Isaac is already pulling himself up on things! He seems too little! What a cutie! You look great too! It's fun to get a little update on your fam!

Kaeloni said...

I'd say cute is an understatement!

Cher said...

wow, moving everywhere! adorable pics.

Russ, Bre & Steadman said...

I can't believe how big he is getting!!! So stinking cute!!! Lets get together soon!!!