Sunday, June 1, 2014

Kate's Potty Trained!

Back in March, Kate was showing signs of being potty trained...so I made the decision to just go with it and see where it took us.  I mean, who am I to say "no" to potty training a kid?!?  I've done it three times already, and, if she was going to take after the other kids, this should be a piece of cake.  Well, it was!  Within two days, she was going on the potty consistently and she was going #1 and #2!  It.was.awesome!  I was so thrilled that she caught on as fast as she did.  And we haven't looked back since!  It was a gradual process and we did have some accidents along the way, but she's doing great. She will now, very rarely, have an accident, but that is mostly due to the fact that she is distracted by playing and just plain old forgets to go to the potty.  She is really really good at letting us know whenever she needs to go, which is fabulous.  We have even started going out in public without pull ups, and she's been so great.  She lets us know when she has to go, and will hold it until we get to the potty.  I'm honestly so amazed at how well she has done with potty training.  And I'm beyond grateful that it as been so easy!  PLUS I haven't had to change many diapers the past few months, which is just awesome!  Honestly, this is the first time in 8 years that I haven't consistently been changing diapers!  I've been totally enjoying it before baby comes.  But I am just so happy that I won't have to train her with a baby around.  Hallelujah!

How stinkin' cute is she in her big girl panties!  Love it!!

And a princess on the potty...the cuteness is killing me!
Now, the one downfall to potty training Kate is her extreme interest in toilet paper!  She gets so excited to pull on the roll whenever she goes!  She also likes to pull the roll off and throw the entire thing in the potty!  Naughty!  Yet so innocent.  I mean, how can you get mad at that face?!?!  Heaven help me! ;)

1 comments:

Cher said...

princess on the potty was my fav. i'm glad you had an easy time with her, that's awesome! tommy's almost 3 and still doesn't get it.oh boy.