Sunday, June 1, 2014

Noah's Baptism

Sometimes I can not believe that my precious Noah, my first born, is EIGHT years old!  Doug and I have been parents for eight whole years...that is just crazy!  Words can't describe how proud we are of Noah and the person that he is.  We have, of course, had our ups and downs, but he really is such a great kid and we love him SO much!

Noah was lucky enough to get baptized on his eighth birthday, which we all thought was pretty cool.  We have been preparing Noah for this big step in his life for a while now, and he was ready for it!  We did all the preparations for his big day...new clothes, bought him his very own scriptures, discussed the importance of becoming a member of this great church, had an interview with the Bishop...he was ready to go!

On the big day, we spent the morning celebrating his birthday, and then we were busy getting the house all ready for the celebration that we would have afterwards.  He was lucky to get baptized with another boy that he knows, which made it even more memorable.  The program was to start at 1:00, so we got ready to head over to our stake center around 12:15 to get ready for the big event.

Once we got there, Doug took Noah to get changed into their special clothes for the baptism.  Once they came out, I was overtaken with the spirit.  This was really happening and I was just so happy that Noah had made this decision.  It made me feel so good!  We then went and took some pictures of the boys and then took our spots in the room where we would have the program and where Noah would be baptized.  Noah was SO lucky to have so many family and friends come to support him.  I'm beyond thankful for all of them and that they took time out of their day to come and celebrate this special moment with our boy.  So blessed!!

After everyone was there, the program started and we were able to hear a great talk on Baptism by someone in the other boys family.  It made the spirit so strong hearing these words as we prepared for the upcoming event.  Then it was time...Noah was first and, again, I was so overtaken by the great Spirit that was present.  When Doug and Noah stepped into the font, my heart was so full of love for this little boy!  I couldn't hold back the tears anymore!  I was trying to be strong, but I just let my emotions take over and I had tears flowing down my face...tears of pure joy and happiness!  Noah was making one of the greatest decisions of his life, and I was so happy for him!!!  When Doug said the baptismal prayer and lowered him in the water to have his sins washed away, it was quite the moment.  I think everyone felt how great of a moment it was...the Spirit was so strong!  Then he came up out of the water and was clean!  And he had the biggest little grin on his face.  I love that boy so much!

Once everyone was dressed in their Sunday best, they came out so that we could finish the remainder of the program.  I was lucky enough to give a talk on the Holy Ghost.  I am not a huge fan of giving talks, but for this occasion, I was more than happy to!  I kept it together for most of my talk, and I had the joy of Kate crying for me most of it {little stinker}, but I felt good about the words that I had spoken to Noah and his friend.  I was a little emotional when I bore my testimony, but that is always how it is!

Then it was time for Noah to receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  All of the priesthood holders in our family got up and encircled Noah as Doug gave him this great gift and a blessing.  Again, the spirit was so strong!  It was a great experience!

I am SO proud of Noah!  I know that Doug is as well.  He is such great little boy who has such a wonderful and good heart.  I know that he has such a strong testimony of this great work and I know that he is so happy to have it in his life.  I'm beyond grateful that he now has the gift of the Holy Ghost, and I pray that this gift will help him throughout his life.  I know it will!

After the baptism service, we all headed to our house for some great food, company, and had a wonderful time celebration our boy!  It really was a magical day...I will never, ever, forget it!!!

0 comments: