Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Last Week of School ~ 2014

Noah and Leah's last week of school was full of lots of fun activities.  I think that they definitely enjoyed it :).

The annual Dance Festival was the first item on the agenda.  All of the grades had been practicing for the past month to perform it for the entire school and family.  We live right by the school, so I went over there an hour before to get a spot for Doug and I to watch the show ;).  The kindergarteners were first up and they were SO adorable.  They did a dance to the Jackson 5's "ABC...123".  Very fitting!  Leah knew all of the moves and was so energetic through the entire thing.  She's our little performer.  Now, I told Noah beforehand that he needed to be a little more energetic when he performed, since this isn't his most favorite thing to do.  I told him that it's OK to smile and look like he's having fun!  And guess what, he took my advice!  He did such a great job too...it was so fun to watch him!  Kate sat on my lap and kept yelling "HI NOAH" the entire time!  She loves her big bro!!
Leah was lucky enough to have  Pirate Party at school during her last week.  She was VERY adamant on going to the party store to get a pink eye patch to complete her ensemble.  I was happy to oblige, and she looked so darling.  She had a great time celebrating with her little class.
Noah spend the rest of his last week of school cleaning his desk out and having field day.  He LOVED Field Day so much, as I'm sure all kids did.  It was a great day that wasn't too hot, which I'm sure made it that much more fun!  

Here's a first and last day of school comparison of my Noah.  He has grown SO much this year...it's crazy!  He has also learned so much!  We are still working on enjoying reading, although I'm happy to say that at least he *can* read.  My goal this summer is to find some books that he'll enjoy so that he can develop a love for reading.  He has made so many friends and has enjoyed his school days.  
He had a great teacher this year and we're thankful for all of her hard work!  These teachers really are so amazing to me!  Now he's all mine for 2 1/2 months!  Yay!!
And here's my Leah on her first and last day of school.  Her hair has grown, that's for sure ;).  She said that was very important!  Girls!  She has also grown up so much and I'm so impressed with the little girl that she is becoming.  She is not one to keep her words to herself...she doesn't really have a filter on her!  That has been one thing that we need to work on...when and when not to say certain things!  Oh boy!  Aside from her developing personality, she has LOVED school SO much and is beyond excited for first grade.  I am amazed at how much she has learned and she at the top in all of her subjects.  Can you say proud mama!?!  Learning is definitely one of her favorite things and her thirst for knowledge is never-ending.  
And her teacher...there are no words!  She was AMAZING!  She has done so much for Leah and helped her learn and grow in a way that I never thought possible.  I'm beyond thankful for her and her patience with these precious kindergarteners.  She is simply the BEST!
I'm am really going to enjoy this summer with these two home.  I know that it is going to be a little chaotic once the baby comes, but I know that it will all work out.  Next year I am going to be sending them BOTH to school all day long...I honestly don't know how I am going to handle this!  For reals!  They are my best buddies and I love them oh so very much!  Here's to a great summer!!!

0 comments: