Sunday, June 1, 2014

Kate ~ 2 Years


I think that the first two years of Kate's little life has flown by faster than the other kids.  I honestly feel like I just had her...she should still be a baby!  And, in my eyes, she is still a baby!  She is growing and learning so much each and every day...it's amazing to watch!  At 2 years old, Kate...

...is the happiest little girl I know.  She wakes up happy and is on the cheery side 99% of the time.  She is so content with whatever she is doing and it seems that she is always finding the best in all that she does.  Her laugh is contagious and we just love her for that.  Her constant smile is something that always brightens my day...I love her and her happy disposition.

...absolutely *loves* the water.  She would take 10 tubs a day if she could.  Getting in the tub is definitely one of her most favorite things to do every day.  Because of this, she usually takes one in the morning and at night.  I'm sure she will find every opportunity that she can this summer to get in the water.  I'll have to keep an extra eye on her at the pool for sure!

...is the best little eater ever.  She will eat anything and everything.  She reminds of Noah when it comes to food, because he'll eat pretty much anything too.  I'm so thankful that she's not a picky eater like Leah and Isaac!  SO thankful!  Her favorite foods are mac and cheese, milk, ice cream, bananas, apples, grapes, strawberries (her favorite!!), pizza, cereal, bread, and the list goes on.  

...is the best sleeper too!  She takes a good 3-4 hour nap every day, and then goes right to sleep at 7:30 and wakes up at 7:00 in the morning.  I'm beyond thankful that she takes after her siblings in the sleep dept.!  I've definitely been blessed with wonderful sleepers!

...absolutely LOVES bags!  This little gal *always*, and I mean ALWAYS, has a bag on her arm.  She got a Hello! Kitty bag from Leah for her birthday, and she hauls that thing with her wherever we go.  She is also very protective of what is inside of it and won't let anyone touch it...unless you want to hear her scream!  Having a bag on her arm is definitely her little trade mark ;).

...is actually very reasonable.  Whenever she is crying over something, I can sit with her, have her look in my eyes, and ask her to calm down and listen...and she usually does.  She is really good at listening to what I have to say in moments of weakness and she finds comfort in knowing that whatever she is upset about will be fixed.  I think that she has been my easiest child to reason with.  Hopefully this sticks as she gets older.

...is not a big fan of watching TV or movies...at all!  Sometimes she'll sit with the other children and watch whatever they are watching, but it doesn't last long at all.  I'm actually OK with this.  Especially since we barely have the TV on anyway during the daytime.  

...is very clingy to me, as of late.  I think that she knows that there is a baby coming soon.  She will see other babies and I'll tell her that we are going to have a baby in our house soon...then she'll look at me and just hug my neck.  I think the adjustment to becoming a big sister will be a little harder, but we'll make it through.  I'm prepared to give this little gal some extra attention, that's for sure.

...loves her blankets so so much!  She has these four blankets that we have used with her since she was just a baby, and she loves them so much.  She calls them her "dee-dee", and is often found dragging one around the house.   As of late, she hasn't been seen with them as much, but when she's tired, she'll definitely go find one and come to me to cuddle up.  I've tried to make it a point to not leave the house with them anymore because I don't want this attachment to get too out of control.  So, she can have them at home and that's it.

...is very particular about what she likes/doesn't like.  If she really wants something or is enjoying something, she will get so excited and just talk about it non-stop.  It's pretty cute.  But, if she isn't fond of something, she will let you know!  She's not afraid to voice her opinion, that's for sure!

...is starting to talk so much, and we all just love it.  She is a little mimic and will repeat whatever we say.  Sometimes it is just flat out hilarious and unexpected...we all love a good laugh!  Some of her favorite sayings as of late are "I did it", "look at me", "me soooo cute", "I love this", "this is so so yummy", "I read book", etc...  

...loves to read!  She's a little book worm, just like her big sis.  I can often find her in her room looking at her books, and it really just warms my heart to see this.  She'll also pretend that she's reading them, which is just adorable.  I hope that this love for reading continues on!

...loves her babies so much!  She's a classic little girl and loves to play "mommy" to her babies.  She'll wrap them up in blankets, and hug them, and love them, and kiss them, and feed them bottles...it's flat out adorable to see.

...can be quite the little stinker!  Sometimes she knows that what she doing isn't the right thing to do, but she'll do it anyway, just to get a reaction.  Her new thing is stripping down and taking all of her clothes off.  When I try to get her, she'll just run away from me laughing.  One time she made it out the front door and was in the front yard for all to see...oh man!  OR, she'll get really messy with her food on purpose.  She knows how much I hate it when she throws food on the ground, so, when I'm not looking, she'll do it and then start to giggle.  She can be a naughty body sometimes...that's for sure!  Good thing she's cute!

More than anything, we just love this little gal SO much!  She has been such a great blessing in our home and we all just love her to pieces.  We love you baby girl...to the moon and back!!!

0 comments: